11 Years Old and Contrary

Experienced matrimonial lawyers see one recurring pattern when children hit the age of 10, 11, or 12 years. The custodial parent (say the mom) will enter our office and complain that the child wishes to go and live with her father. What did I do wrong, she asks. The situation happens with such regularity that we are wont to reply: “nothing, it is not about you. They just want to get to know the other parent and of course, the grass is always greener in the adjoining pasture”. In most cases, but not always, the child returns to the custodial parent after a few months, curiosity satisfied.

Phone us at  519-256-2500

Please note: If you are involved  in a matrimonial dispute, we 
strongly recommend that you retain a lawyer to represent 
you at the first  possible opportunity;
This site and this note are designed only to acquaint you with a 
few (and only a few) of the issues that may affect you. 
It is not intended as legal advice on any specific case. 
You are well advised to retain the services of an 
experienced lawyer as soon as possible. 
Let us represent you
Pearce Ducharme Family Law           
For an appointment phone us at    519-256-2500

For an appointment call 519 256 9500