Who Pays Child Support?

Child support is payable by the parent without the care of the child to the parent who is caring for
the child.  The support must be paid as specified in the court order.
The paying parent does not get to give gifts or trade-offs for example food, in place of support.
Such attempts are normally viewed as ‘controlling’.
A court may order a parent who is not a biological parent to pay child support.
In most cases, Child support is payable by a non-custodial parent to the custodial parent.

Please note: If you are involved  in a matrimonial dispute, we
strongly recommend that you retain a lawyer to represent
you at the first  possible opportunity;
This site and this note are designed only to acquaint you with a
few (and only a few) of the issues that may affect you.
It is not intended as legal advice on any specific case.
You are well advised to retain the services of an
experienced lawyer as soon as possible.
Let us represent you
Pearce Ducharme Family Law          
For an appointment phone us at    519-256-9500
For an appointment call 519 256 9500